Wednesday 10 April 2013

Preface

I know what you're thinking.

"eSports Dinosaur? What the hell?"

I was trying to come up with a title for the blog. I'm not a huge fan of unnecessarily dressing up a product. It's just a blog written by one irrelevant individual, nothing fancy, nothing special, nothing glamorous. It is what it is.

I tend to spend a lot of my time venting frustration in whatever direction is convenient. Sometimes it'll be towards a group of friends on Skype, who don't really care for what I'm rambling about. Sometimes it'll be my girlfriend, who is great for conversation, but ultimately all she can do is empathise and agree that sometimes, things are simply wrong in the world no matter how right you want them to be. Sometimes I'll even conduct an entire conversation within my own head (most commonly on the train to and from work) whereby I anticipate all of the possible responses and solutions to my own concerns, and follow them wherever they might lead. Y'know, it didn't seem very weird before. But now that it's in text... that's a pretty strange thing to do.

Anyway, psychological evaluations aside, I have a few objectives with this blog. Here they are, in no particular order. I do suspect that over time, I'll end up adding more things to the lists. Because I freakin' love lists.

1) To share these thoughts, concerns & ideas with a wider audience. Although I doubt the reader base will be particularly wide.
2) To elaborate on the issues I regularly raise on Twitter, Podcasts and whatever other avenues I frequent, and constructively document the resolution path to each one.
3) To hear what you have to say. Am I right in thinking we are facing some simple, fundamentally damaging issues? Or am I seeing things the wrong way?
4) To express thoughts and feelings on people, organisations and topics I haven't felt comfortable airing in other public avenues.

Join me on this journey and hopefully we both learn something!

No comments:

Post a Comment